Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What Ever Happened? Take 2

soon i will have a podcast to post up in this piece. i want to start putting up podcasts like once a week. this will not happen. but it is my goal. goals are nice, right? ah, goals.

i remember when my goal in life was to watch every episode of hey dude. that sense of accomplishment. nothing like it. and 20 years later, what can i say?

I can say:

1. Ted was better than Jake and Kyle put together.

2. Danny had no neck.

3. Acting is hard.


I mean, YOU try to act like a 17 year old when you are actually a 17 year old. HARD. Right?? Why do you think they cast 30 year olds to play 15ers? Let's see what they're all up to now:


DAVID BRISBIN AKA MR. ERNST

Oh, Mr. Ernst. He bugged me until I saw David Brisbin on ER and I was all Mr. Ernst doesn't know what he's doing! He was an accountant turned ranch owner. Now he's a doctor?? Then I found out he's married to Laura Innes of ER fame and it all made sense.

OK. UPDATE. From now on I am just pasting from someone else's website. At least the pictures. But I figure I should call that out. Someone else already did the work for me! How nice of them.

The website is here: http://topcultured.com/where-are-they-now-nickelodeons-hey-dude/

If you don't feel like clicking but rather scrolling, let's continue:


CHRISTINE TAYLOR AKA Melody Hanson

You should all know now that Christine Taylor married Ben Stiller and has little Stiller babies. Now she is in Stiller movies. But doesn't go by Stiller. And she was great on Arrested Development! Well I don't remember if she was great. But she was there. I saw her face.


KELLY BROWN AKA BRADLEY TAYLOR

I loved Bradley Taylor. I loved her lots. She was so much more sophisticated than stupid Melody Hanson. She apparently has no career now, so all that horse knowledge obviously got her nowhere.


DAVID LASCHER AKA TED MCGRIFF

Runner up on "Who's Working The Most Now" is my buddy, David Lascher. He was on Blossom, 90210, other stuff, that Sabrina show...Now he's married with a baby. Miss you, Ted.


JOE TORRES AKA DANNY "NO NECK" LIGHTFOOT

Ugh, thank the LORD you got more attractive, Joe Torres. Maybe the hair wasn't working for you. What you've got going on now is more suited to your torso/head combo. You look like a snappy car salesman. Oh...you ARE a snappy car salesman? Point for me!


JOSH TYGIEL AKA BUDDY ERNST

How sad, Josh Tygiel. Where is your face now? What are you doing with your life? I will make it my life's work to track you down. Meaning my day's work.


What a TERRIBLE picture this is. But I can't do better.

JONATHAN GALKIN AKA JAKE DECKER

This website says his name was Jack but we all know that is wrong. Apparently Jonathan Galkin is into music and started a record label called DFA Records. That's coolio. Make those musics, Jonathan Galkin.

OH EDIT! EDIT THIS PLEASE!!

See? This is why I should be doing my own investigating. Apparently some of these facts are wrong-o. Let me fix.

NO. Wait. You know what? Let them live anonymously. I'm not even going to TELL you who is wrong and who is right. But I will google for Kyle and Lucy.

Well, back from googling. Kyle has dropped off the planet but Lucy is a teacher and part time actor in Florida.

And now, to end this session of Hey Dude:

Not my favorite version. It got all hip or something. Bite my tongue, it was always hip! I just mean...well...hear for yourself:

No comments:

Post a Comment