Friday, October 21, 2011

My Love Affair with Miguel

I am in love with Miguel, the janitor/superhero at my job. I do not have a picture of him but let me find something that will work.



There. Racist? No. Superheroist? Maybe. But this is the kind of lovely creature that he is!! He would be the to save us all if a crazy person from the crack park next door broke into the building and wanted to get us. Miguel. He would be the one whose fists would turn into lightning bolts of fury. Miguel. He would be the one to lift up the car from that baby who shouldn't have been playing in the parking lot to begin with. MIGUEL! GRACIAS, MIGUEL!

I love him so much that I feel bad for having garbage in my garbage can that sits by my desk because I know he's the one that has to take care of it. On many occasions I have left the building at night with a plastic bag full of my trash for the day to stick in that dumpster by the bus. MIGUEL! Soft spoken grandfather of 2, who commutes an hour just to vacuum the stairs. Miguel. Gracias Miguel. Gracias.

No comments:

Post a Comment